- "I was very impressed with Amit’s mall consulting process, which he shared with me when I visited his office in November 2011."
- B.S Nagesh, Vice Chairman, Shopper's Shop & Director, Marico Industries
- "I am in awe of Amit's article about our (Indian) department stores. As usual, well written and researched. As a point of fact, I think you'll find that our department stores rank poorly when compared with any other like businesses around the world. Seems our guys really have their basics wrong! I shall refer to the article with gusto and trust they take note of his wise words. Amit's end comment is poignant and most appropriate.
- Jonathan Yach, CEO - Propcare Mall Management
- "Amit's extremely enthusiastic involvement in putting together the panel in the session on “Dealing with Issues of Data Insufficiency” led to a fruitful discussion and was greatly appreciated. Thanks to his proficient handling of the subject and the panel."
- Anjali Sondhi, Director, Planning, Images Multimedia
- "I read Amit's article in the latest edition of “Shopping Centre News” (May-June 2011). Very interesting observations by him on Indian malls and global practices. The article is quite educating for readers. Well done!"
- Biswabhushan Beura, Head of Operations (INDIA), Bental Associates
- "I thought Amit conducted easily the most meaningful debate at ISCF 2011 – one that actually led to some action and commitments. Congratulations on making it a lively session."
- Rituraj Verma, National Director – Retail, Knight Frank
- "Amit, you really handled the session (at ISCF 2011) very well. The best way of making the session really complete would be to get Shopping Centres Association of India (SCAI) commitments fulfilled and getting SCAI to propose the certification process."
- Govindraj V, Head – Integrated Retail Services, Titan & Tanishq
- "Asipac has done outstanding work in Letting and Lease Management, we are confident of their abilities as professionals and have entrusted them with the responsibility of managing our most prestigious project thus far."
- S. M. Arshad, Managing Director, Mohtisham Group Mangalore
- "Congratulations for the impact you have had on Indian retail."
- Rusi Motiwalla, former General Manager, Saks Fifth Avenue
- "We hope and believe that Mantri Square will be one of the finest malls in India, if it is not already."
- Manish Sawhney, Head of BD, DLF Brands
- "Thank you for sending me the Asipac study on Revenue Share Rentals. As with your previous studies, this study is also very well researched and will definitely help the retail industry and property development. We have been following the revenue share model for over 30 years. 65% of our shops including High Streets are on a pure revenue sharing model. In the past when we used to take stores in malls, the mall owners used to talk only of fixed rentals but in the last couple of years more than 50% of our mall shops have been on revenue sharing basis."
- Rafique Malik, Chairman, Metro Shoes & Mochi
- "I’ve gone through the study and greatly appreciate your efforts. I would add a factor of store size optimization in the next report as, in my experience, I have had to resize many a large stores into more meaningful sizes & vice versa. I am sure that the industry will be happy to receive the report extremely positively, besides finding the contents meaningful."
- Manoj Motta, COO, Shopping Centres Association of India
- "Asipac’s revenue share study is a very interesting study which clearly articulates the win-win benefit of revenue share schemes. The data appears accurate and insightful and I hope developers continue to adopt this approach when letting retail space."
- Martin Jones, Managing Director, Marks & Spencer (India)
- "Good work. Very useful in setting rental expectations and establishing feasibility of a retail project. In Cinema, the % could vary substantially in situations of E-tax exemption, inefficient designs, or saturated markets with e-tax. Nonetheless, those are corner cases. Your analysis works well in mainstream situations. Keep up the good work."
- Deepak Marda, Joint MD, Cinepolis India-the first international multiplex chain in India
- "You have opened up a new industry - super reporting and very well done indeed! The 'brokers' must be snivelling and sneezing that you have taken the high ground with a super report, brim filled with useful facts and figures!"
- Jonathan Yach, Head–Mall Management, Mantri Propcare
- "Asipac’s Revenue Share Study will help develop a framework for decision making for the mall owners as well as the tenants. What actually emerges is that it takes all kinds of tenants to make a mall and therefore it is important to get the tenant mix right for a mall to succeed! The challenge for the mall owner would be to realize that the revenues he will get from the various types of tenants is different but each one of them have a role to play to make the mall a success, pretty much like a product manager’s or merchandiser’s job, of balancing volume drivers & profit drivers in the product mix, while at the same time maximizing overall margins."
- V.Govindraj, VP-Integrated Retail Services, Titan & Tanishq
- "I think some of the research Asipac is doing is excellent and I look forward to seeing more."
- Martin Jones, MD-India, Marks & Spencer
- "It was really a pleasurable experience visiting Mantri Square. I am visiting
the mall from the days of your
planning and construction stage, but never imagined honestly that it
will come up so good and classy. You have done a good mix and positioning of brands, the mall has good feel of upmarket brands and all area specific brands are also smartly positioned.
Circulation of people is done very well by design of mall alleys , it is spacious and well lit. Congratulations for delivering excellent mall for
the people of Bangalore with excellent mix of brands and their positioning."
- Zahir Laliwala, CEO, SportsXS
- "Congratulations, Amit. Will definitely visit the Mantri Square mall."
- Dr. Vijay Mallya, Chairman, UB Group & Kingfisher Airlines
- "Hearty Congratulations to the entire Asipac team and their leader."
- Sushil Mantri, CMD, Mantri Developers
- "Indian retail has always lacked authentic data points. I am sure that Asipac's study is a good beginning in the right direction to make this industry more professional in its approach."
- Govind Shrikhande, President & CEO, Shoppers Stop
- "Asipac's study is a pioneering effort on collecting trading densities of different retail formats and an interesting international comparison. Very useful for both retailers and mall developers."
- Viney Singh, MD, Spar (India)
- "Mantri Square is awesome. I am sure the hard work of Asipac has been worth it."
- Ramona Mahtani, Head of Strategy, Brigade Group
- "Asipac has done a fantastic job with Mantri Square. Keep it up."
- Manish Chowdhary, ACER
- "Asipac’s Trading Density study is a very good effort and it will add a lot of science in creating the right offering in a shopping centre."
- Bijou Kurien, President - Lifestyle Business, Reliance Retail
- "Passing by Mantri Square I remembered that Asipac had conceived it many years ago and I feel very happy to see its fruition.
- Uday Kumar, Former CFO, Indus League Clothing Ltd.
- "Mantri Square mall is just awesome!!! I am glad that a mall of such stature has finally come up in Bangalore. Thank you Asipac and keep up the good work."
- Paresh Patel, Spykar
- "Great job on Mantri Square Mall!"
- Phil McArthur, MD, Ivanhoe Cambridge
- "Asipac is a business that I would have engaged with even in South Africa – their professionalism and ability to understand Retail/Real Estate issues shines through the work they have done for Mantri Square. There can be no better testimony and support for Asipac’s services than to see what they have done. I invite you to visit the Mantri Square Mall so you can see the fruits of their efforts – this centre has a superb tenant mix, tenant adjacencies and complimentary placements are well thought out and the customer comparative shopping experience enhanced.
- Jonathan Yach, Head-Mall Management, Mantri Square Mall, Bangalore
- "After seeing Mantri Square, I believe you (Asipac Chairman Amit Bagaria) are the best person in India who can make it (a new 1.7 million sft mall at Hyderabad) work. I am sure you will make it a huge success."
- Vishnu Prasad, CEO - Central & Brand Factory, Future Group
- "Asipac generates brilliant retail studies. Thank you for sharing these with us."
- Manohar Chatlani, Managing Partner, Favorite Shop Group
- "My Admiration for Asipac has gone up even more with the fantastic launch of Mantri Square – the best I have ever seen in India. The mall will be one of the greatest malls and a leader. "
- Dilip Kapur, President, Hidesign
- "Mantri Square is simply brilliant. Congrats and all the best to Asipac!"
- M. P. Shyam, Promoter, Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- "Asipac has an unparalleled vision to spot the future and unlike brokers, truly exemplary to back development(s) which have the potential to change the retail landscape in area of influence."
- Pramod Arora, Group President, PVR Cinemas
The compliments that we receive from our clients, tenants, patrons and others, as well as the admiration from our competitors, is what keeps me going. This is much bigger than the money.
Amit Bagaria, Chairman, Asipac Group